Thursday, May 8, 2014

2014 NFL Draft 1st Round Mock Draft Scoring Recap

The first round of the 2014 NFL Draft is complete. I have totaled the points I scored on NFL.com in their Predict The Pick contest, and if I had stuck with my guns and kept Greg Robinson at #2 and Jake Matthews at #6 (as I had them placed before changing them 3 days ago), I would have picked up an additional 180 points. As it was, I wound up 50 points behind Matt Mayock and Todd McShay, and tied Mel Kiper. I had Blake Bortles and Khalil Mack going #3 and #5. I just had them backwards. And late in the draft I got C.J. Mosley and Jason Verrett correctly placed. Overall, I did very well. I just wish I had kept the two big tackles where they were. But I have to hand it to Mel Kiper. Of all the mock drafts I researched this year, Kiper was the ONLY one to have Ja'Wuan James going in the 1st Round. And Kiper hit the nail on the head and had him placed at Miami at the #19 Overall selection. Way to go, Mel.

No comments:

Post a Comment