Friday, April 16, 2010

Changes to my Mock Draft

It could be a case of paralysis by analysis but I've made a couple of changes to my mock draft. I had Carlos Dunlap going to New England with the 22nd overall selection, but I have not heard any positive news and reports coming out from anyone concerning Dunlap. I believe that if Dunlap does fall to the second round, and if he performs to his potential, that someone is getting a steal.

In place of Dunlap I have the Patriots selection Jared Odrick with the 22nd pick. The more I read about him and look at his performance Odrick looks more and more like an excellent fit for New England. A tackle in college, he has the skill set to play end in a 3-4 scheme, with the quickness and burst to get to the quarterback.

With the 25th selection I have had Baltimore taking Jerry Hughes, but the more I look at the Ravens I can see them going offensive with the pick. The trade for Anquan Boldin, the signing of Donte Stallworth and the re-signing of Derrick Mason leads me to believe that they are not looking at the wide receiver position as much as some think. But they can use a tight end, with Todd Heap many years and injuries away from his last Pro Bowl season. The Bengals have had a long look at Jermaine Gresham at #21, but the tight end who is not only a tremendous pass catcher but who is regarded as the best blocking tight end in the draft is Rob Gronkowski, and I see the Ravens taking him at #25. Gronkowski would give Joe Flacco a big target, and provide blocking for Ray Rice. He should fit in well in Baltimore.

Unless there is another blockbuster trade (or 2), I believe that my Mock Draft is set, and is as follows:

1) St. Louis--Sam Bradford
2) Detroit--Ndamukong Suh
3) Tampa Bay--Gerald McCoy
4) Washington--Russell Okung
5) Kansas City--Eric Berry
6) Seattle--Bryan Bulaga
7) Cleveland--Joe Haden
8) Oakland--Bruce Campbell
9) Buffalo--Jimmy Clausen
10) Jacksonville--Derrick Morgan
11) Denver--Dez Bryant
12) Miami--Rolando McClain
13) San Francisco--Trent Williams
14) Seattle--C.J. Spiller
15) NY Giants--Dan Williams
16) Tennessee--Jason Pierre-Paul
17) San Francisco--Sergio Kindle
18) Pittsburgh--Mike Iupati
19) Atlanta--Brandon Graham
20) Houston--Kyle Wilson
21) Cincinnati--Jermaine Gresham
22) New England--Jared Odrick
23) Green Bay--Anthony Davis
24) Philadelphia--Earl Thomas
25) Baltimore--Rob Gronkowski
26) Arizona--Taylor Mays
27) Dallas--Charles Brown
28) San Diego--Ryan Mathews
29) NY Jets--Golden Tate
30) Minnesota--Devin McCourtey
31) Indianapolis--Brian Price
32) New Orleans--Sean Weatherspoon

6 days until the 2010 NFL Draft. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment